Monday, January 5, 2015

Crockpot Chicken and Rice

Mondays are long days for me.  I have worked all weekend and sleep is hardly seen.  The last thing I want to do is make dinner.  So thank goodness for the crockpot.  Who invented the crockpot anyway?!?!  I could kiss em!

Crockpot Chicken and Rice

4 Boneless skinless chicken breast
Packet of Ranch
Carrots (bag of fresh baby or you could use frozen)
Corn (freezer bag)
Rice (2 cups)
1 Can Cream of Chicken soup
Salt and Pepper
Parsley
Onion powder (1 tbsp)
Garlic Powder (1 tbsp)

I used 4 chicken breast from Trader Joe's.  That's another person I would like to kiss.  Thanks Joe!  I put them in crockpot and covered with ranch packet then added enough water to slighlty cover chicken.  Cook on low for 6 hrs.

Then shred chicken in crockpot, add your cream of chicken soup, corn, carrots, cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and cook on high for 1-2 hrs.  I made the rice and sat aside so it wasn't too soggy if I added it dry to crockpot.

After cooking for 1-2 hrs add rice, mix and then add parsley, and salt and pepper to taste!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik